WAMSKIRT® is an externally manageable conveyor skirting and sealing system designed to:
- Reduce risk of manual handling injuries
- Eliminate confined space requirements
- Control spillage
- Control dust
- Retrofit different skirting environments
- Provide access for inspection and maintenance
WAMSKIRT®’s narrow installation height (290mm) has the ability to retrofit into most skirting environments. The adjustable rubber primary seal stops dust flow and the urethane secondary dust seal captures any particles.
Liners inside the skirt wall are fully maintainable from outside the transfer station.
Each removable module and liner weighs less than 20kg making removal and installation a one-person task.
The tapered face on the lower liner trains ore away from skirting and back into the centre of the belt.
2013 Bulk Handling Award Winner
LOCATION: Paraburdoo, Western Australia
HANDLING SYSTEM: Conveyor
MATERIAL HANDLED: Iron Ore
RATE: 400 tonnes per hour
- Solid wall skirting system design
- Only maintainable internally
- Difficult to adjust large 32kg liners
- Basic sealing system
- Liner cracks causing holes and chute failure if not identified early
- Liner failure occurring at 15mm of scoured wear
- Removable WAMSKIRT® module liner design
- Fully maintainable externally
- All maintainable parts weigh less than 20kg
- Double urethane seal arrangement
- No confined space entry required
- Belt wear and spillage easily maintained
- Increased operational safety