Microledge Chute Liners
Location: Karara, Western Australia
Material Handled: Iron Ore
Handling System: Conveyor
- The chute internals had been worn completely out to parent metal to almost near destruction.
- Multiple ‘band aid’ repairs were applied to make the chute last to the scheduled 12-24 maintenance window.
- The fixed shelf liner design limited the amount of maintenance that could be performed in a 12-24 hour shutdown as most of this time was spent cleaning and repairing each shelf.
- WEARX installed cast white iron ledge liners to prefabricated overlay shelves to speed up the installation process.
- 25mm steel liners were replaced with 50mm cast white iron ledge liners to increase liner life.
- WEARX manufactured the liners with a wear indicator to provide site with a visual guide as to when the liners will need replacing.
- Cast ledge liners installed were much smaller than the original steel liners. As a result, the chute no longer needed a complete shelf clean out and optimal use of maintenance windows was achieved.