Beneficiation Plant Chute Replacements
Location: Newman, Western Australia
Material Handled: Iron Ore
Handling System: Conveyor
Handling Rate: 1400 Tonnes per Hour (TPH)
- 2 transfer points at a beneficiation plant in the Pilbara were suffering liner failure every 4 weeks and were driving entire dry plant shutdowns to carry out replacements.
- Impact plate and spoon incorporating 100mm thick white iron billets as the lining system
- Impact face and spoon would wear after 4 weeks of operation and depending on the feed material, this wear life could reduce to 2.5 weeks
- Where the wear life was less than 4 weeks, the chutes would ‘blow out’ causing damage to the parent metal and the need to carry out repairs during the shutdown
- Dry plant shutdown driver
- Liner change outs every 4 weeks
- WEARX designed and installed 2 WEARBACK® linerless chutes.
- The ‘rock on rock’ effect of the WEARBACK® design increased the frequency between liner changes from 4 weeks to 18 weeks.
- Chutes were no longer the driver for the dry plant shutdowns
- Reliability team could now focus on other areas for improvement within the plant
- No longer the driver for dry plant shutdowns.
- Liner change outs every 18 weeks